A clear octahedral stone protrudes from a black rock.
A clear octahedral stone protrudes from a black rock.

Diamonds are carbon atoms that are arranged in a variation of the face-centered cubic crystal structure called a diamond lattice.

Most natural diamonds are formed at high-pressure high-temperature conditions existing at depths of 140 to 190 kilometers (87 to 120 mi) in the Earth's mantle. They form over millions of years.
external image image001.gif
About 20% of diamonds found are used for jewelry. The other 80% are used in industry. These uses include: cutting tools, polishing hard metal, phonograph and videodisc needles, and bearings for laboratory instruments.


Individual: People can use diamonds for more important things rather than just buying them to have them.

Economy: when people use diamonds for better reasons than just to show we could have better uses towards other things and thus in turn allowing more better uses to be made allowing money and such to be made!

environment: the use and demand for diamonds are very high causing more and more diamonds to be found and processed. if we use less it would be better for the environment allowing the diamonds to become more precious.

community: the community needs more important things than diamonds. they are materialistic and could live with out excess diamonds.

external image color-diamond.jpg